Saturday 22 June 2013

It's Supposed To Be A Good Thing, Right...

When your doctor tells you that you are too well to go onto a different, and possibly better, medication?  That's what my gastroenterologist told me back in April, but I didn't feel well and still don't really.  True, I haven't had any really bad flare up symptoms, but it's the annoying little ones that get me down.  They're like small insects always buzzing around me.
My arthritis symptoms already cause me to have very little energy throughout that day, what with my immune system always fighting my joints and whatnot.  I call it my background noise.  I wouldn't know what life would be like without it.  I rarely get an arthritis flare up anymore, which is really good.  My physiotherapist tells me it's partially because my pain threshold has increased dramatically since I first saw her when I was 14.
I know people with Crohn's disease who are a lot worse off than I am in regards to symptoms.  I send my love to you all.  My worst pain at the moment is just severe stabbing pains in and around my abdomen.  They happen frequently, and I'm sort of getting used to them now but they do stop me in my tracks when they occur.  The most annoying symptom is having to rush to the toilet several times a day (sorry for any images this may have conjured).
My current medication is alright - I'm on 50mg of 6MP and 2g of Sulfasalazine - but I'd prefer not to have any sudden stabbing pains.  I'm sure that if I wasn't on these medications that I would be a lot worse.  That's what I've got to remember whenever I complain about my pains.

No comments:

Post a Comment